Why I'm not a book blogger

With the insurgence of book bloggers, especially on Instagram, it's a wonder I haven't jumped on the band wagon. Which I'm actually good at- jumping on band wagons, that is. Instagram book bloggers are so cool, especially with their amazing pictures (my jealousy is usually visible from space). They lay out their current reads, go ahead and add embellishments especially dope mugs, lights, funkos and other decorations, and their captions are usually reviews and such.
Now I ain't showing off (Yes, yes I am) but I've read quite a number of books out there, and I think if anyone, I'm certainly qualified for the post of a book blogger. So why the heck am I not?
1. I don't remember what I read
I'm not even joking, I can't remember certain details of a book immediately after I read it. It's mostly because I read it for the sake of living in the moment or whatever. I tried correcting that by taking notes, noting down cool lines and stuff, but it kept reminding me of high school literature, dang it. Some lame ass teacher who taught us Animal Farm, if you came to class later than him, he would kick you out. Yeah, I got kicked out a couple of times. Such events usually lead you to have less than positive feelings for the word literature.

2. I'm kinda lazy
I'll tell you one thing: I haven't posted on insta in like 6 weeks. Crazy! Anyway I don't really get anything beneficial from insta anymore. I never really went out of my way to make friends and since I don't exactly post pictures of myself, I guess I'm not that popular. I know I said it's becasue I'm lazy, but it's also becasue I'm busy these days. I've got my hands full learning Graphic Design and learning Arabic. I've recently embarked on a journey to learn the Levantine/ Lebanese dialect of Arabic so I can understand TV more. Uh huh. Just for the sake of understanding these Turkish dramas that are dubbed into Lebanese Arabic. Hey-at least I use my brain for something! By the way, Turkish dramas are the bomb. Literally, Turkish houses are just dreamy. I used to watch a Turkish drama called "Zehrat Al Qasr" which translates to Zehra's Story. It's basically about his girl called Zehra (In case you didn't figure) and yeah, pretty much her life in a crazy woman hating home. I watched it faithfully everyday at 6:00 pm, but it ended, haha. Now I'm interested in another Turkish drama called "Ward w chouk". It's pretty dramatic.

3. I usually read ebooks
I can't exactly take pictures of my tablet and post them on insta. Ok maybe I can, but other people have real live paperback copies of the books, and all these trinkets and embellishments that I don't have, their posts are so colourful and thematic, and let's face it-I don't exactly have photographic skills, so I'll just stick to making anonymous fan edits to post on tumblr and pinterest.

4. What is it with the cannons?
I know this isn't a reason for why I'm not a book blogger. But seriously though why would you post this and leave my heart hanging by a thread of an artery:

I mean, God. That's freaking Fred Weasley. The whole thing had me watery eyed but when I googled it, J K Rowling had said that Fred didn't get ghostified because he wasn't afraid of death. So ok, at first I was pissed off by this cannon, then I kind of appreciated it. Like a watery smile, saying yes, the HP books might have ended, but the HP World still lives on.

*Bows out* Btw can you comment? Tell me what you think about being a full time/ part time book blogger, and what you think of cannons. It'll be a real treat.


You Might Also Like

0 comments